2011-06-29

A Walk in the Park

Each time I hear the word "castle", I immediately see a picture in my mind of say, Disney's Sleeping Beauty, or the "chateux" in the Loire valley. Here, in the Swedish south a castle isn't at all the same thing. At least not the castle of Hovdala where we went today for a lovely lunch, and a hot walk around the premises. This is medieval southern Sweden, and I find it beautiful. If you add the enchanting "orangerie" to this... Well, it was a perfect outing, again.


Note the now-dried pole from the Midsummer's celebration! Up close we could still see some roses, now all dried, but still there.









To the right the moat, now grassy and inviting. A far cry from the watery defense it once was.

So pretty in the sun! I peaked through all the windows, managing to get some good pictures, and some odd... The odd ones are for a future show...







No comments:

Post a Comment